We had a great time at class this year! The guys from The Best of The West did a fantastic job teaching the students all about long range shooting. Check out this video recap of the weekend:
Our next shooting school will be held May 24 and 25, 2014. Cost is $1995 and includes two nights lodging, all meals included, and range fee included.
For more information or to book your spot in the next class contact Gary Williamson at (541) 430-4693 or send him an email using the form below.
Don’t wait! Spots will fill up quickly.
Best of The West Shooting School Schedule and Class Overview 2013
- Increase Success and Number of opportunities
- Bring fun back into practicing and confidence in your ability to shoot long range
- Knowing your range and understanding the effects of atmospheric conditions
- Knowing your limitations and when it’s safe to shoot
- Reading animal body language
- Understanding the dangers of skyline shooting
- Define Long Range Shooting
- Gun Safety
- Long Range Equipment
- Ammunition (Internal Ballistics and External Ballistics)
- Shooting Fundamentals, wind compensation, shooter / spotter relationship, checklists
- What can go wrong?
- What is an MOA?
- HLRO (Huskemaw Long Range Optics) A Custom Fit, Specifications
- How to Data a Gun
- Best of the West System Features
- Your Long Range Gear Bag
- Range Commands, Range Safety, Shooting Fundamentals
- Wind Deflection / Doping the Wind / Wind Importance
- Air Density and Humidity
- Role of the Spotter / Communication
- Pre-Firing Checklist / Firing Checklists
- Basic Ballistics / Down Range Performance
- Target Acquisition and Bullet Placement
- Cleaning Essentials and Procedures
- Barrel Break In!
- Proper Ranging Techniques
- Spin Drift
This is a basic overview of the 2013 shooting school. We had about 3 hours of classroom time each day and the rest of the time was spent at the range.